Thursday, May 26, 2016

Panning for Gold with Ben Sollee

Today for Spiritual Journey Thursday I have two things I'd like to share with you:

1. This post by artist/poet Stephanie Berry, about how we define success. (Yes, we can define our own success!) The quote that resonates with me: "My success is rooted in Spirit."

2. This gorgeous song by Ben Sollee. Pretty much all Ben's songs are gorgeous, but this one - oh, man, slays me. Lyrics below!



I saw God by the river 
Panning for gold 
I saw God by the river 
Weary and old

He said; 'Son,
I used to know where I put things,
I used to know'

I saw God in the forest
Teaching Tai Chi to the trees
In the wind
And bowing to the seas

He said; 'Son,
I used to know where I put things,
I used to know'

I saw God on the mountain
Tearing at the sky
I saw God on the mountain
With tears in his eyes

He said; 'Son,
I used to know where I put things,
I used to know
I could have shown you all the beauty in the world
but now I need you to show me
Yes, show me'

------------------------------
Isn't that our job as poets and storytellers and HUMANS, to show all the beauty of the world? Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?