Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Poets on Poetry: NAOMI SHIHAB NYE

In celebration of National Poetry Month, I will be sharing in each post during April a favorite quote from a favorite poet on poetry. Enjoy!
"...words can give you something back if you trust them; and if you know that you're not trying to proclaim things all the time, but you're trying to discover things.

A little girl said to me, last year: 'Poetry has been eating all my problems.' And I said, 'What do you mean by that?' And she said, 'It just makes me feel better when I read it, or when I write it.' And I think that's been true for many people in this country." - Naomi Shihab Nye


Complete interview with Bill Moyers at PBS.

1 comment:

  1. Poetry has been eating a few of mine, too! I love this.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts?