Wednesday, February 26, 2014

"Err on the Side of Audacity" with THE INVENTION OF WINGS by Sue Monk Kidd

You may have heard me talk about these words of wisdom from my mother:

ERR ON THE SIDE OF LOVE

Well. This past week I had the pleasure of listening to a wonderful book THE INVENTION OF WINGS by Sue Monk Kidd. It's historical fiction about the real-life abolitionist Sarah Grimke and Hettie (Handful) Grimke, the slave girl Sarah was given on her 11th birthday, during early 19th century Charleston, SC.

I love this book. There's mothers and daughters and quilts and history and daring characters changing their own worlds as best they can. And young Sarah latches onto this advice: ERR ON THE SIDE OF AUDACITY.

I love it! Here's to audacious women!! I'm doing my best to be one. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?