Friday, October 28, 2011

EVERYTHING YOU EVER WANTED TO KNOW ABOUT ME (AND THEN SOME)

Welcome! This is my attempt to make Blogger's new Dynamic views work for me-- no sidebar means the pertinent info must be included here, in the flip cards. We'll see how it works out.

Meanwhile, here's the basics:

I am a poet and novelist who writes heart-touching tales of unexpected adventure. I've just finished work on my next middle grade novel DON'T FEED THE BOY (Roaring Brook/Macmillan, Fall 2012), which is about a boy who lives at the zoo.

My other books are THE COLOR OF LOST ROOMS, LEAVING GEE'S BEND and WHAT CAME BEFORE. I especially love characters (in books and real life) who have the courage to go their own way. And I believe there are no wiser words than these: "Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."

You can also find me at my website, Facebook and Twitter.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

For Poetry Friday, the lovely, talented, generous Robyn Hood Black posted an interview of me. (blush) She asked some great questions! And there's a Halloweenie pic too. Check it out! And don't forget to visit Diane at Random Noodling for Roundup. Happy weekend, All. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?