Friday, April 22, 2011

POETRY PARTY: QUICK PICS

The first poet I loved was my father. Here we are at yesterday's awards banquet.What a wonderful moment to share with him! I loved looking out into the audience and finding his face. Truly, I will treasure that memory always.

And here is a picture of all the 2011 Book Award winners, minus Tom Franklin, author of CROOKED LETTER, CROOKED LETTER:

from l-r: Irene Latham, Ben Windham (Kathryn Tucker Windham's son and co-author, NF - TIN MAN), Charlie Lucas (co-author, NF- TIN MAN)and Han Nolan (YA- CRAZY)

It was SO GREAT to see some of my favorite Alabama librarians! I made some new friends too. WONDERFUL!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on the award, Irene!!! Love the pic of you and your dad. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Irene. What a wonderful heritage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations: How exciting!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts?