Monday, May 10, 2010

COLOR ME INSPIRED

Okay, so now I'm a wee bit glad I wasn't able to complete my quilt in time for the Guild show.

Here's why:

"Happiness is... a day at the Gulf (before the oil slick)." Amazing hand-work. And she cut all those pieces of coral and spent 37 hours on beading alone!



Hand-quilted CIRCLES by Julie over at Green Quilts. Do you have any idea how HARD that is??! (Me neither, because I have never attempted it. But wowzers, can I imagine.)


My favorite title: "Happiness is... Dark Chocolate Mousse with Raspberry Cream Sauce." This one got first prize in its category!


A quilt with books on it?? Does life get any better?! I so wanted to take this one home with me.


And finally, the BEST OF SHOW. Great colors... and over 600 buttons! Gorgeous!!!


Yep, I would have been so embarrassed... hats off to all you AWESOME quilters! I am in love with your work AND your stories. Happiness is.... going to a quilt show.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilts. The moose one is such fun and sort of makes me hungry. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I LOVE those!

    I've always wanted to learn how to quilt. I might have to try and find a class on it or something

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep I know how hard that is and I've not quilted like that either but... look how smooth the stiching is and even... one question... could you see under any of these quilts?? Yes I'm redneck! love the beauty but give me a quilt you can use.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts?