Tuesday, March 2, 2010

GROWING PATTERNS BY SARAH CAMPBELL


If you don't yet know Sarah Campbell and her work, you are missing out! She's amazing. And I'm not the only one who thinks so -- her first book WOLFSNAIL was awarded the Theodor Seuss Geisel Award.


And now she's back with another picture book she wrote about Fibonacci numbers in nature. Sarah and her husband Richard also get credit for the stunning photographs that accompany the text. It's a gorgeous book!

Here to tell you more about it is Sarah herself. We shot this little clip at Lemuria Books when I was in Jackson, MS, last week. I hope you enjoy this inside information. And in case you missed it, here's a link to the book trailer. And be looking for more Sarah at Elizabeth O. Dulemba's blog tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Go Sarah, go Sarah... I've been a cheerleader for Sarach ever since I met her at a conference many years ago. She showed me pictures of a snail in her backyard and the story that was going to be published by Highlight (ir maybe just been published I'm old and I have sometimers)... Hey Sarah...I read the snail book last week to the second grade at Underwood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pat, I'm so glad you are still reading the Wolfsnail book to kids. I really appreciate your support for my work. Hope to see you around the region soon.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts?