Monday, August 24, 2009

L IS FOR LIVE A LIFE WORTH WRITING ABOUT... AND ALSO FOR LOVE


Okay, so who knew L was a letter so rich and ripe and fertile? I've thought about this and thought about it, but still, I couldn't choose just one L. Let me tell you why.

The first part, LIVE A LIFE WORTH WRITING ABOUT... Truly, the best preparation for being an author is getting out there, exploring the world, infusing your life with wonder, and having a multitude of varied experiences. Because ultimately, everything we write comes from that place, that life we lead before we ever sit down at the computer. So we have a responsibility, really, to feast on life, to be our wild true selves, to love as hard as we can.

Speaking of LOVE... my most favorite quote about writing is this one: "Love. Fall in love and stay in love. Write only what you love and love what you write. The key word is love. You have to get up in the morning and write something you love, something to live for."

- Ray Bradbury

See why I couldn't leave it out?

Wishing all of you lives worth writing about and love. Always, always love.
(cool pic found here.)

1 comment:

  1. And now my ten minute internet break is done, and I am going to go get my (writing) love on.
    <3

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts?