Thursday, September 18, 2008

THOUSAND WORD THURSDAY


Okay, I don't have to tell you how much potential this image holds. Talk about ripe with metaphor. Thanks MJ, as ever.

Thanks also to Anna for the book recommendation: The Story of Edgar Sawtelle. I got it tonight while Eric had drum lessons and will carry it with me on the plane(s) to North Dakota. Yep, we're off to visit my father. It's all about time, you know? There is never enough time when you love someone.

"Life is a series of surprises, and would not be worth taking or keeping, if it were not."

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you're reading Edgar Sawtelle! I'd really be interested in your thoughts.

    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. have a safe trip Irene and a good visit with your dad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so correct. There is never enough time when you love someone. I pray that your dad is doing as well as he can be. I am sure that your visit will be very good for his health!(and yours too!) Enjoy your time together. My thoughts and prayers are with you, dear heart.

    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts?