Tuesday, June 17, 2008

TWILIGHT

Probably I am one of the last people on the planet to read this book by Stephanie Meyer, but better late than never, right?

Don't know why it took me so long to dive in. Wait, let me rephrase that: I am terribly sorry it took me so long to dive in, because I am loving this book! I guess it's the whole vampire hook that turned me off initially -- just not my thing.

But you know what IS my thing?

Love. Big bad ridiculous defcon 5 total all-out thermonuclear rim rocking mother of all LOVE. And turns out that's what this book is really about. And you know what else is great? The story goes on. I understand the fourth book in the series will be released very soon. VERY exciting.

"Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity."

- Albert Eistein

2 comments:

  1. Hi Dear Heart!

    Well, I guess I am the second person on the planet, and now I will have to check it out, too! I am reading, This is Not the Life I Ordered, 50 ways to keep your head above water when life keeps dragging you down, and Ken Follett's, The World Without End. I am also reading your draft which I have had to do slowly as I was away from my computer quite a bit when my dad was in the hospital. I have read the first four chapters, and so far, I am really enjoying it! Even though it is a children's book, I think it is something that parents would enjoy reading with their kids. Great job, Irene! I am very impressed!

    Big hugs and love,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. well I must be the 3rd person because I have never heard of her...will have to do some research now!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts?