Wednesday, May 14, 2008

A NEW STORY TO TELL

This is what Andrew's arm looked like just after he fell at the skating rink and we knew it was broken but were waiting for the call-back from his doctor to decide which hospital to go to.

This is what Andrew's arm looks like now.

The great thing about it is now Andrew has a new story to tell. And he and I have something new in common: I also broke my arm as a child (twice) and now Andrew has to be left-handed (like me!) for a while.

The bonus for me is I get to go back in time and wash my baby boy's hair. :)

“There isn't any symbolism. The sea is the sea. The old man is an old man. The boy is a boy and the fish is a fish. The shark are all sharks no better and no worse. All the symbolism that people say is shit. What goes beyond is what you see beyond when you know.”

- Ernest Hemingway

2 comments:

  1. that first photo made me cringe...poor kid, but he looks happy in the second one. I always wanted to have a cast, but I have never broken a bone, and I definitely don't want to now!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Ouch! Poor Andrew, although I am sure that at his age, it is very, very cool to have a cast as the result of a sports injury! I hope that he recovers well and without too much pain. Good thing he got this out of the way before summer! No fun sitting on the side of the pool with a cast.

    CONGRATULATIONS on your IPPY nomination. I am so proud of my friend! I may be biased but I think you deserve to win. That is such a wonderful honor in itself, so enjoy your moment in the sun, my friend.

    What did you think of The Bachelor finale? Kind of predictable, huh? I wonder how long it will last. I guess a new Bachelorette will be starting soon, so we won't have to go without our guilty pleasure for very long.(and this time we get to enjoy looking at some cute men!)

    I am glad that you knew what Guerilla Shakespeare is. Sometimes I feel like I am learning a new language when I talk to my oldest. It is a very neat concept.

    Take good care, friend!

    Hugs and love,
    Deb

    Happy belated Mom's Day! I am glad you had a nice one.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts?