Friday, May 9, 2008

HAPPY AS A LARK


(photo by Otto Pfister)

Remember when I was telling you I was just like the mad bluebird because there's this journal I've been wanting to get published in, like FOREVER, only Editor X hadn't yet found my poems worthy?

Well. This just in: Editor X accepted not one but TWO of my poems for publication! And also wrote me a lovely note praising my work and asking for an autographed copy of my book!

Just goes to show you the key to this writing gig is NEVER GIVE UP. Even when you get really really mad about something that happens along the way.

“Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.”

- Calvin Coolidge

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?