Thursday, March 13, 2008

LA DOLCE VITA

Just thinking today about The Sweet Life. Seriously, how sweet it is!

As of 3:00 pm this afternoon, school is out and it is officially Spring Break here in Shelby County, Alabama. And with temperatures in the mid-70s and blue skies and Bradford pear trees just beginning to bloom, it's time to put on the flipflops and pack a picnic and be very glad to be alive.

I want to thank Alabama Media Professionals for being such a fun group to talk to today. You guys were a great audience, and I enjoyed the time we shared. Also, I want to give a shout-out to two writer service-oriented blogs: Author Visits By State hosted by picture-book author Kim Norman and Funds for Writers blog hosted by C. Hope Clark. Both these gals are not only fabulous writers but also writers helping other writers! I love that unselfish writer spirit. I want to be just like them.

We've got some grand adventures planned for the school break, so my writing life will not involve time at the computer. Can't stop those gears cranking in my head, though! When I do get back to the computer my fingers will be tripping all over themselves trying to keep up with my brain.

In the meantime, wishing everyone blue skies and sunshine!

"The buds swell imperceptibly without hurry or confusion, as if the short spring day were an eternity."

- Henry David Thoreau

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy your break!! Our's starts at noon on Thursday and we can't wait!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts?